- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling…)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana ( can use rest of canned pumpkin)
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pumpkin Hershey Kisses (optional)
Glaze: (for a healthier taste, leave off)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 drops maple extract or vanilla extract
- About 2 tbsp of milk
- 1/4 c white chocolate melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and spices and mix ins.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just moistened. Use hand to make sure fully combined.
- Drop onto baking sheets by spoonfuls, about 2″ apart. Flatten slightly with a spoon lightly covered in cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Quickly press hershey kisses into cookies while still hot! Let cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave, 15 second increments, stirring after each time.
- Add sugar, milk and extract. Mix well. Add more milk/sugar if needed.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies using spoon or piping bag.