Carrot Cupcake Ingredients (serves 10-12)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 10-12 marshmallow Peeps
- 30-40 jelly beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp pistachio pudding powder
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line cupcake tray with cupcake tins.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and maple syrup. Stir in the grated carrots and the pecans. Add the small bowl dry ingredients to the large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tins, about 1/2-3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Using a paddle attachment mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Combine the milk and pudding mix, and stir until well combined and dissolved.
- Add in the powdered sugar slowly, about 1 cup at a time.
- Chill the icing in the fridge for 30 minutes before placing on cupcakes.
- Frost cupcakes and add Peeps for decoration!