Biscuit Donut Ingredients:
- 1-2 canisters of store-bought biscuits
- Vegetable Oil
- Rainbow Sprinkles
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Directions for Donuts:
- Use a small biscuit cutter or the top of small bottle or lid to cut holes in each biscuit. You can discard these or make donutholes from them.
- Fry the donuts in the vegetable oil that is around 350 F. If you don't have a candy thermometer then you can test your oil by using the donut holes. You want the donut to fry in the oil for 2-3 minutes on each side so that it is cook through but not burnt.
- As you fry your donuts, remove them to a plate or tray lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
Directions for Chocolate Glaze:
- In a small pot over medium heat combine the butter and milk. Stir until melted, then add the corn syrup, vanilla extract and chopped dark chocolate.
- Stir until completely melted then remove from heat.
- Whisk in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Dunk donuts in glaze, add sprinkles!
Inspired By: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/07/biscuit-donuts-with-chocolate-glaze.html