- 1 1/4 Cups Corn Oil
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups & 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 1/2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Flaked Sweetened Coconut
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (can do a mix of both)
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Softened Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and flour two 9-inch round cake pans
- To make the cake, combine oil and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a separate bowl.
- Mix half of the dry ingredients into the oil and sugar mixture. Add the eggs one at a time, alternating with the remainder of the dry ingredients. Stir well after each addition.
- Add the carrots, raisins, coconuts, and nuts. Mix Well.
- Pour batter into the cake pans and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on racks.
- To make the frosting, mix the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar until smooth and creamy. Once cake has completely cooled, frost the cakes generously.
Inspired By Sandy's Superb Carrot Cake; Potluck at Midnight Farm by Tamara Weiss
- For fun, try replacing the flour for whole wheat flour and bake into morning muffins!