Preparation: Lightly cover 11×13 pan with bake spray Ingredients:
Vanilla Rice Krispie Layer
- 1 package regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
Chocoloate Rice Krispie Layer
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- To make vanilla layer: Place marshmallows, butter, dry cake mix and vanilla extract in a non-stick pan and melt over low heat. Stir to combine. Quickly add Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Set aside 2/3 of the rice kris pies.
- To make chocolate layer: While still hot, quickly combine remaining krispies with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Press a third of vanilla mixture onto the bottom of a11x13 pan. Press chocolate mixture on top and then press remaining vanilla mixture on top of chocolate layer. Set aside for 20 minutes until rice krispie cake is cooled and set. Lightly cover a knife with bake spray and cut to desired size.
- Place chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over low heat and stir until melted and combined. Pour chocolate over squares and then sprinkle with jimmies and nonpareils.
- Let cool before cutting.