(12 sandwich cookies)
For the cookie dough:
- 1 cup butter, cold and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup (100 g) raw carrots, very finely chopped, or crushed
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cardamom, ginger and clove spice, powdered (optional)
For the cheese filling:
- 5 oz cream cheese, room temperataure
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF
- In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
- Divide the dough in two. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of about 0,5 mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies, and transfer them on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until just slightly browned at the edges.Transfer on a rack to cool completely
- Beat butter, cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on low speed. When almost incorporated, beat on high speed until light and fluffy.Transfer to a piping bag and fill cookies, or fill by spreading frosting on cookies with a small spatula, and sandwich with another cookie.
- NOTE: You can find the sugar carrot decoration here for example I attached it to the cookie with some royal icing