- YIELD: 18 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups popcorn (popped without salt or fat)
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Place popcorn in a large bowl; pour sugar mixture over popcorn in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir to break up any large clumps. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutritional Information: 126 calories per serving
Inspired By: Cooking Light